Friday, December 14, 2007

The Dentist!!

This week I went to the dentist (the first time in six years). My mother is reading this so I know, I know, I know I'm supposed to go to the dentist. I chose this particular dentist after a friend who abhors the dentist had in her words "a fabulous" experience with sedation dentistry.

Tonya is right..this particular dentist does a nice job of NOT making you feel guilty because you haven't been in a while. They also do not make you wait. They give a free consultation where they take X-rays to determine what work needs to be done. And, get this they don't seem to find EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN that needs to be done.

So, I was pumped up as I went into my appointment. The decision had been made to NOT use the sedation because it saved over $300. It seemed like a good decision at the time. My appointment went fairly well...it wasn't terrible anyway. But I guess I was tense the whole time because the next day I literally felt like I had been run over by a mack truck. The moral of this story is this....if they offer you drugs at the dentist take them people!!!

No comments: