Friday, October 17, 2008

AAAHHHH!!!

Yesterday Little E, who's three, got sick on the way to school. We promptly turned around and came home. I set him up on the couch with waterproof tablecloths all around him. And of course we put the handy, dandy bucket beside him for his puking pleasure.

He never used the bucket, but let me tell you that waterproof tablecloth he was laying on was a cinch to clean...actually he would clean it himself (pretty nice since by this time I was joining in on the sickness venture).

This am my husband went to wake up our six-year old for school and smelled the dreaded smell. I'm glad I was still in bed, let me just tell you that. So now, our six year old is laying on the waterproof tablecloth.

Well, he just got sick and I'm so proud...he used the bucket. But my favorite thing was when his little brother said. "Oh, so that's how you are supposed to do it!!!!" Education at it's finest.

I'm off to do some serious cleaning!!

2 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

This is the part of parenting I am NOT looking forward to--it's like bringing my job home! I rather like turning the sick people over to someone else for 12 hours so I can get some sleep. Oh, well, at least it all eventually passes. ;-p

Amber said...

You poor family! I hope the funk leaves your home VERY soon. I don't know what I would do without my vinyl tablecloths when the kids are sick, it saves my sanity!