Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Technical Difficulties

This past month or so our family has been plagued with technical difficulties. Seriously!! Our home computer crashed. It is back up, but still not really usable yet. David's laptop crashed not once, but twice and of course the last time was in the middle of completing the taxes on April 14th. This has been going on for a while. It is about to drive me to the brink of insanity. Why? Because I feel so out of touch and I know my mother is about to bust a gut because I haven't been posting pictures on this blog. Thank goodness she was here a few weeks ago to see the kids.

This whole experience is teaching me to relax. Sometimes frustrating things happen. Sometimes things don't go my way and pitching a fit doesn't do any good. (If I had a dollar for every time I have used that expression with my youngest daughter...I could buy a new computer!!). Sometimes we have to wait. Oh, that is a hard one for me to accept.

Yesterday while sitting in the jury pool room ALL DAY long I was reading Hannah's history book. As an aside...her history textbooks are great...it's a series called "A History of US, by Joy Hakim" that I highly recommend.

I was reading about Franklin D. Roosevelt, a promising, wealthy, talented, athletic, father of 5, who had political ambitions. One night he went to bed and the next morning he woke up unable to walk. Polio had invaded his home. It amazes me that he did not just curl up and give up on his dreams. No, he pressed on and became president. Now that's fortitude in the face of difficulty.

My technical difficulties are merely pesky flies. But as sure as I am breathing, at some point in my life and in all our lives true difficulties will come. What will our response be?

2 comments:

jennifer said...

oooh. good post!

The Felkins said...

Glad to hear you are sorta back up and running!