Thursday, September 04, 2008

The mind of a three year old


Today Little E and I were reading the book, "Harold and the Purple Crayon". It's his new favorite book. We read it often and I mean often. This afternoon I was reading about Harold who decides to take a midnight walk with his purple crayon and draws many fun things. At the end of the book Harold draws his bed and gets into bed. At the end of the book Elijah asked "Where are his mommy and daddy and when are they going to come in, get mad at him and tell him to get in bed."

Very perceptive...not that we had ever "get mad at him" and tell him to go to bed. He never gets out of bed once we've tucked him into bed. Actually, I am concerned that Little E might decide to go for a midnight walk one night with a purple crayon, hence the twelve dead bolts we're planning to install!!
Seriously, if you have a preschooler, I highly recommend this book. It's creative and imaginative!!

3 comments:

Jana @sidetrackd said...

A great book; it's one of our faves. And we're with you on installing the deadbolts; found the girl in the kitchen last night in the middle of the night.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

LOVE this book! I have had my own copy since I was in college.

Anonymous said...

Thomas and Nick both love that book as well:)