Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year!!


Here's a picture of my kids crossing a tightrope across a stream on a recent hike. I will refrain from posting the picture of me crossing...trust me it wasn't so pretty.

When I went across this tightrope, it was VERY shaky. My balance left alot to be desired. The kids thought my screaming and the shaking of the tightrope was hysterical!! I seriously thought they might all pee in their pants because they were laughing so hard.

Why do I share this story on this blog after months of silence? As I reflect on this past year, I feel like I have been walking on a tightrope. God has put me in some new situations. God has put me in some tough situations. I have had to simply put one foot in front of another. It's been a little shaky from time to time. I have felt like I was going to fall. And yet with the help of Jesus, I've made it through 2010.

After my kids went across this tightrope...the crazy thing is that they kept wanting to cross again and again. It was fun to them. THEY ARE NUTS!!

And yet in my life....I'm excited about 2011. I'm ready for what's next, the next rushing stream that requires risk. I'm ready to cross the tightrope. I'm ready for the adventure. I'm ready to see what God has in store.

I'm ready to take the hand of Jesus and follow where He leads!!!

No comments: