Saturday, April 02, 2011

Scariest Dream Ever!!

















This morning Little E whose 3+3 crawled into our bed at 5:00 am. As he crawled in, he told me he had the scariest dream ever. He didn't want to go into details. Who can blame him for not wanting to re-live the scariest dream ever?

I lay there for a few moments and let my sweet little boy fall back into a deep sleep. I tried to go back to sleep (which is impossible because I naturally wake up at 5:00 am on a daily basis. I know, I know that is sick and wrong!!). In those moments I was thankful that my little boy sought us for comfort. As soon as he was in our presence he settled down and fell fast asleep despite having the scariest dream ever.

It struck me that God must be pleased when we, his children, come to him. He wants to comfort us when we are scared. He wants to soothe our frazzled nerves with His presence. He wants to celebrate with us when we are happy. He wants to listen to us when we are mad. He wants us to hang out with Him because He loves us.

No comments: