Monday, May 23, 2011

Do I love or do I lie?



How many times have I said "I love you" to the people in my life? To use a phrase my oldest daughter says....a gazillion. This morning I read 1 Corinthians 13 in the Message. Even if you don't read the Bible much, you may have heard these verses spoken at a wedding. Shoot, these verses may have been spoken at your own wedding. My wedding was so long ago, I can't honestly remember.

Here's the words I read this morning...

Love never gives up
Love cares more for others than self
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have
Love doesn't strut
Doesn't have a swelled head
Doesn't force itself on others
Isn't always me first
Doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of sins of others
Doesn't revel when others grovel
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
Puts up with anything
Trusts God always
Always looks for the best
Never looks back
But keeps going to the end
Love never dies

Truth is when I read these words I realize that I often lie when I say I love you!!

1 comment:

Jill Willeke said...

Good Reminder! Love the new look of your blog -- post more often :)