Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love Never Gives Up!!


In my post yesterday I came to a tough realization. So many times I say the words "I Love You" without truly living out the words. What does it really mean to love someone? The first phrase mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13 (The Message) is "Love never gives up"!!! What does it mean to give up? Well I did a handy, dandy search on the internet and found this answer

"To give up means to simply stop trying at something."

Ouch!!!

How many times relationally do I simply stop trying? More times than I would care to admit. Why do I do that? Busyness, Apathy, Hurt, Anger, Frustration, Boredom, Selfishness and a myriad of other reasons.

So, LOVE ALWAYS TRIES!! When I say "I love you" to someone that means I will try. That means I will put in the effort, even when I don't want to or I don't feel like it.

What would my relationships look like if I actually put this into practice?

No comments: