Thursday, May 19, 2011

22 x 2

This past week was my birthday. I turned 44. It seems like just yesterday I was 22 and about to marry my prince charming, full of dreams, full of ideals, full of excitement, and full of energy.

Fast forward 22 more years and here I am, still married to my prince charming, though he often leaves the toilet lid up which is less than charming. Many of my dreams have come true, though from time to time they might have felt nightmarish. Most of my ideals turned out to be a tad bit unrealistic. I am still full of excitement, but sometimes my greatest excitement of the day is when my head hits the pillow. And somewhere along the way I seemed to have misplaced my energy. That could have something to do with the four rambunctious children who have been added to the mix.

Only God knows what the next 22 years will hold. My hope is to follow Christ with reckless abandon wherever He leads day by day. My desire is to serve Him wholeheartedly hour by hour. My passion is to be who God made me to be moment by moment. I’ve spent many of the past 22 years comparing myself to others and trying to be someone I am not. I’m done with that. If only it were that easy!!!

I want to be who God made to be and do what He made me to do. (Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do).

1 comment:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Happy birthday! Hope it was a great day!!