"Blessings taken for granted are often forgotten. Yet our Heavenly Father 'daily loadeth us with benefits' (Psalm 68:19). Think of some of the common things which are nevertheless wonderful.:
- The intricate, delicate mechanism of the lungs steadily and silently taking in fresh air eighteen to twenty times a minute.
- The untiring heart, pumping great quantities of clean blood through the labyrinth of blood vessels.
- The constant body temperature, normally varying less than one degree.
- The atmospheric temperature, varying widely it is true, but never so much as to destroy human and animal life.
- The orderly succession of day and night, spring, summer, autumn and winter, so that, with few exceptions, man can make his plans accordingly.
- The great variety of foods, from the farm, the field, the forest, and the sea, to suit our differing desires and physical needs.
- The beauties of each day--the morning star and growing light of sunrise, the white clouds of afternoon, the soft tints of a peaceful sunset and the glory of the starry heavens.
- The symphony of early morning bird songs.
- The refreshment that sleep brings.
- The simple joys of home-the children's laughter and whimsical remarks, happy times around the table, the love and understanding of husband and wife, and the harmony of voices raised together in praise to God.
So many reasons to be thankful!!