Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fifth and Sixth Days of Christmas

What happened to the fifth and sixth days of Christmas? They passed in a flash. We were certainly too busy to document with pictures. But we did have a good time!!! And shall I say Noah asks EVERY DAY...what are we doing for the days of Christmas!!!

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...five golden rings. (We were supposed to talk about the Torah which is the first five books of the Old Testament, but that just didn't happen) .

The fifth day of Christmas at the Smith house started with golden rings...fresh hot doughnuts. (Noah thought we should each eat five doughnuts, but we decided that would be overkill!!!) David and I were able to slip away and get some much needed Christmas shopping done. YIPPEE!! We even went to lunch together. YIPPEE!! YIPPEE!!

The girls trained for a new job in the afternoon!! They are going to help a friend care for her horses (aka feed and clean) in exchange for riding lessons. Let's just say THEY HAD A BLAST!! I wish I had taken pictures, but I was too stinking busy getting ready for a wedding rehearsal that I had in the early evening. They both got to ride a horse...that was a surprise. They had a lovely afternoon!!!

Then, we hosted the children of our Life Group at our house....14 kids supervised by 3 high school students. Noah said it was the most fun he ever had!! Hannah opted out and went to her Sunday School party where she had a fabulous time. David and I spent the evening with the grown-ups from life group at a different house in our neighborhood (Praise God from whom all blessings flow) where David walked away with an Enema as his the dirty Santa gift. Good Times and Lots of laughs!!!

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, six geese a laying. (We were supposed to talk about the six days of creation, but haven't done that part yet). For our Smith Family fun we had six cups of hot chocolate in the evening while watching "A Little Princess". (Well technically we made seven cups since Emilie was over spending the night with the girls).

I did find a free lapbook about the 12 days of Christmas that I'm going to let the kids work on together over the holidays as a fun project.

No comments: