Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Good Read


Item #457 on my personal to-do list is to update the "On The Nightstand" section of the blog to share the books I'm enjoying. You probably think I'm the slowest reader in the world, because that section hasn't been updated in a long time.

Truth is, I haven't really finished any of the books currently there, I just took a break from them when things got busy and other books came across my path.

Since updating that section is a little involved, I thought I'd simply share one of the books I'm currently enjoying...Blue Like Jazz. It's an easy read, so if you have a couple of days or a business trip coming up, I highly recommend it.

Blue Like Jazz is by Donald Miller. The subtitle is "Nonreligious Thoughts On Christian Spirituality." I won't spoil it for you, but for now, just note that I'm about halfway through and have been both entertained and challenged.

Later

Big D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is amazing! It totally challenged me and of course I found myself laughing at the same time. You need to read "Searching for God Knows What" next. I like it as much as "Blue Like Jazz." Snail mail addy getting emailed in a minute. : )

Anonymous said...

seriously Dave, don't you think it's time for an update yet?!?!?