Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Vomit Viper Strikes!!

Yes, it is 2:17 am and I am blogging. The Vomit Viper has struck our home with a vengenance. Currently, David and Hannah have been struck, but I anticipate more. So, while I'm cleaning up vomit I'm asking myself this question. "Why does the Vomit Viper seem to strike when my life is already so out of control?" In the last six weeks we've had two weeks of illness (fever related), two soccer tournaments (one in town and one out of town), a ladies retreat for me, spring break. My laundry is piled high. My house needs a good cleaning. My brain is on overload. And, I'm cleaning up throw up at 2:00 in the am. On a positive note....this illness did not prevent either of our trips out of town. Wednesday is not one of my scheduled work days. I'm not sick, yet. We are not all in one hotel room on vacation (Two years ago in Colorado we were struck with "the plague" one right after the other. We were ALL sick with one bathroom within a twelve hour time frame. It was not pretty!!)

A verse that has been speaking volumes to me is "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way." The phrase "at all times in every way" trips me up a bit. That seems so out there. But, how I long for peace in the middle of the chaos, whatever the chaos of the day or moment might be. And, it is Jesus Himself that gives the peace. I can't manufacture it. I can't fake it. Instead I'm oftentimes the creator of chaos in my life.

So my preparations for Easter this year may look a little different. With a can of lysol and a vat of laundry detergent, I will fix my eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of my faith. I will let the Prince of Peace invade my heart so that he may do His work in me.

1 comment:

kkoois said...

so sorry to hear you have the "vomit viper." hope it leaves soon!

on the positive side, your blog post was very good. 2:00 a.m. looks good on you!!