Friday, September 28, 2007

Abundant Life







Today our son Elijah received his first hair cut.
As I was looking at these pictures I realized how hard it was for me to get Elijah's haircut. I did not want let his curls go. (He's almost three for crying out loud.) The poor lady at Sports Clips must have thought I was insane, taking about a million pictures.
He's adorable in the before picture. But, the reality is that his features are so stunning now. Just look at his eyelashes. They were there before, but now they are remarkably defined.
David's dad, John Smith, has gone to be with Jesus and we are grieving. And yet, He is in the presence of Jesus. He has an imperishable body. I believe we would recognize him. But, I imagine his features are stunning as they reflect the glory of Christ.
I look at these pictures and see the change that occurred in our young man in just a few minutes. They remind me of the changes that must have taken place in my father-in-law in a twinkling of an eye.
Today we celebrate abundant life, the full life that Christ offers. Today we celebrate eternal life!!
We are so thankful for our friends and family that are sharing our life today, praying for us, e-mailing, calling and meeting so many practical needs. Thank you!!! We love you all very much.














No comments: