Friday, November 16, 2007

So grown up!!


Elijah is officially settled into his new bed. This is a process we tried months ago and then we took a break. His pack and play broke so we had to move him into a big bed. The first few nights were torture, but last night he went and got in bed without being asked.
Yesterday he also let me work on a project ALL day and really played well with his sister and by himself. It felt like we were turning a corner, like he really is growing up. Last night I was watching a movie downstairs and the kids were watching a movie upstairs. When it was time to go to bed he gave me a hug.
He smelled like sunscreen and perfume. He was quietly and steathily getting into stuff. He may be growing up, but he is still a mess!! You may notice in the background of the picture the black permanent marker artwork he drew on his walls. THE JOYS OF CHILDHOOD!!
Now I just need my aunt and my mother to come over for a couple of weeks to potty train him!!!


1 comment:

Brian and Jen said...

Love looking at your family pics. We are in the middle of potty training and learning not to color on the walls, and not getting into perfume and all the rest. I'll say a prayer for you every time we have a mess and you can say one for me! :)