Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What was I thinking?


Here's a pic of my best friend from college, Jill, and her family. They currently live in Russia. Jill has been telling me for months to download Skype. So, it's been on my to do list forever.
Well, today I downloaded said Skype. Once I called Jill and saw her beautiful face coming through my computer AND heard her voice clearly, I promptly jumped into my car, drove to the store, and purchased a webcam. I could see and hear her, BUT she could not see nor hear me.
Once I got everything set up we had the best conversation (1 1/2 hours). It was so INCREDIBLE. It was FREE (apart from the purchase of the web cam). What was I thinking? Why did I wait so long?

4 comments:

Jill Willeke said...

So glad that you did this! Christian wants to talk to Hannah and Clara one day. Lots of love to you guys!

Jana @sidetrackd said...

I'm glad to hear you got the webcam working and were able to enjoy your conversation. Video chat is a great thing!

Ari said...

I've talked to my college roommate in Zambia via Skype before. it is super cool!
PS- I was looking for Marley's blog...so sad!

Brian and Jen said...

I've heard of skype and we have a webcam but believe it or not, we've never set it up! Maybe we'll have to do it now. I"m sure the grandparents would appreciate it.