Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In the Midst of It

Do you ever wake up in the morning with a thousand thoughts whirling around in your head bumping into each other? This morning I felt like a massive beehive had been stirred and the bees were on a major rampage in my brain. The thoughts ranged from the mundane...I need to do the laundry, clean the house, exercise, get to work on time....to the intense...how is my dad going to respond to chemo today, how can I be supportive to my parents when physcially removed. I will refrain from listing all that was swirling in my head, but you get the picture.

As I sat and attempted to pray, which I might say was difficult with all the buzzing thoughts, I remembered how God had spoken to me recently right before my dad's surgery. He used a line from a song that was the theme of a Bible study I was in at the time.

"I'm finding myself in the midst of You. Beyond the music, beyond the noise. All that I need is to be with you. And in the quiet hear your voice. Word of God speak, would you pour down like rain, washing my eyes to see your majesty. To be still and know that you're in this place. Please let me stay and rest in your holiness."

My prayer to God that day was "No matter where I am, I am in the midst of You. Nothing can separate me from you and your love. Lord, help me to get that. Turn my attention to you. Right now I'm realizing that you have placed me in this season of life in a busy place. It is an opportunity to live in the midst of You in the midst of it."

So much of life is "in the midst of it". "It" can be pretty much anything. You fill in the blank. No matter what our "it" is. No matter how we feel. God surrounds us and is bigger than our "it". He wants us to see Him. He wants to speak His truth in our circumtances.

2 comments:

Jana @sidetrackd said...

So, so true! Thank you for sharing your heart and such a great reminder.

Amber said...

thanks for some good truth today :)