Friday, September 04, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Work



Yesterday me and the kids were headed to work when Clara lost a tooth. She desperately needed a paper towel to stop the flow of blood gushing from her mouth (that might be overstated). Of course we had recently cleaned out the car and there was nothing to use to stop said blood flow. So, much to my chagrin I agreed to stop at Starbucks, conveniently located on the corner, to let her run in to get a paper towel. I firmly stated (well maybe stated in a raised voice) that we would not be purchasing any coffee. NO COFFEE...do you hear me people?

So, while we wait for Clara to run in and grab her paper towel, I noticed that smoke was beginning to pour from my hood....holy smoke. So of course I do exactly what I should do and call dear husband (did I mention he was home sick from work) to come check out the car. After about two minutes waiting for hubby to arrive, I make an executive decision. I unloaded my crew and headed into Starbucks to do school. And, of course buy a round for everyone. I will refrain from mentioning the unreasonable amount of money I spent on beverages for me and my four children.

It took about an hour and a half for hubby to take car to shop and get back to Starbucks to pick us up. Might I say that may have been the most fun and relaxing school time we have had to date. The kids thought it was a treat. I was in my happy place!!! I seriously wonder if they pipe in some relaxation-induced drugs through their air vent system OR maybe it is just the heavenly smell of coffee.

Sometimes life throws us a surprise and we just have to savor the moment. My four year old is eager to tell everyone that he did school at Starbucks last night!!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jana @sidetrackd said...

Sounds like a great school morning to me! :-)

Jennie said...

Homeschooling at Starbucks....ahhh dreamy! Maybe your car could conveniently "break down" there again sometime! :-)