Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recharged Batteries

This week I learned a valuable lesson. When your battery is dead on your camera and you can't find your charger, you can't take any pictures. It is vitally important to recharge the battery in order to use the camera!!!

The same is true in my life. When I go and go and go, eventually my physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual batteries run down. When that happens I am unproductive, cranky and really not much fun to be around.

This morning I slept until 9:30 am. For those of you who know me...that is VERY unusual. Usually I am up early in the morning without using an alarm clock. I briefly thought about rushing around and getting me and the boys ready for church (they were still asleep too). Then, I mentally looked at my calendar for the next two weeks and realized that I have something to do EVERY SINGLE day.

So, I chose to stay home.....with a twinge of guilt that I'm still trying to chase away. Noah and I snuggled in our favorite chair (We do this every morning, but it is often rushed). Today we lingered and enjoyed our time. Now, the boys are upstairs playing together quietly.

Today is a day for me to Be still and know He is God...to plug my battery into The Power Source.

No comments: