Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

This morning Elijah (our two year old) came up to David and asked for a "beer". Of course David brought him to me and said, "Tell your mommy what you want." And granted it did sound like he said "beer". Trying to get to the bottom of this, I asked him if he wanted root beer. He shook his head vehemently "no".

Then, he went to the cabinet and pointed to where we keep the medicine and vitamins. And then, asked for a two "beers". At that moment it hit me that he was asking for his gummy bear vitamins.

It reminds me of my friend Shelly who lived in Dayton when we lived there, but was transplanted from Texas. When her son asked for "ice", it sounded like something else. If you can't figure it out, try saying ice with a texas drawl.

Have a beary (not beer-y) Happy New Year!! I think I'm going to take a nap now!!

No comments: