Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thorn in my flesh!!

So, I may have my school planned out for the next year, but here is a story that is a true reflection of me. It is the same song, 20 millionth verse in my life. For those of you who are ultra organized you might not want to read this....really you won't get it. But for others of you who suffer from the same disease I do, you might appreciate it!!

Yesterday morning I ran (well I didn't actually run, I drove my car) to Office Depot to purchase some binders that were on sale. My neighbor told me about the deal and said I probably wanted to buy them before the weekend. So, I headed out to the Depot at the crack of dawn to score a deal on binders.

Boy was it a deal. Binders were $2 and were buy 2, get 1 free. And, there were some nice ones that I needed for school. Our family was headed out of town so I had planned my trip to the minute and had just enough time to purchase binders and get home to leave town.

Of course Murphy's Law hit. I was in line to pay for the binders when I realized that I didn't have my teller card. Why? Because I had put it in my backpack when I served on jury duty earlier in the week. So, I'm standing there trying to figure out what to do. David was at the school with Clara getting her picture taken. I really didn't have time to drive home (and I hated to lose my binders)

Inspiration hit like a bolt of lightning. So, I called my neighbor who hooked me up on the deal because I knew she was driving to work. When I asked her where she was, she was right by the Depot and she sweetly agreed to come and pay for my purchase. It really was perfect timing....take that Murphy.

Now, please know I try not to live like this regularly. I try to behave responsibly. I try to be a grown-up. But there are days when it just doesn't come together. So, when my daughter brings home progress reports that say she needs to remember her papers, that she needs to be more responsible....I just smile.

She is so like me!!!

No comments: