Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In the course of human events..

Sometimes God just truly surprises me by communicating and orchestrating things that at first glance seem to make NO sense whatsoever. I'm not sure where God is taking me right now, but I sense with full confidence that I am on a wild ride and that's pretty exciting. Again, no clue where this is headed. But, my cluelessness makes me giddy with excitement at the adventure!!!

December 26 - We have lots of food in our house. We should clean out the freezer and fridge before we buy more food
December 27 - Wow, there is a group of people doing an eat from your pantry challenge for January. We should join them!!
December 28 - Friends are adopting from Ethiopia, so I read her blog where she mentions this
blog which I started reading the entries from the beginning. (If you decided to read this blog, you really should start at the very beginning and read entry by entry until now) Compelling!! Really wanted to read the whole thing, but we found out some friends were in from Texas and were excited to spend time with them.
December 29 - Finished reading the blog. Many thoughts!!

People are hungry.
Children are orphans.
I am complacent.
God calls me love.
God calls me to feed the poor.
God calls me to be generous.
I am self absorbed.
I have no idea what it means to be poor.
I have no idea what it means to be hungry.
God has a plan and a purpose for our lives.
God loves children.
God is a Father to the fatherless.

Yes, this month we are going to eat from our pantry, but my prayer is that through this my family will "Taste and see that the Lord is good!!" My prayer is that we will be thankful for what
we have. My prayer is that our eyes will be opened to global realities. My prayer is that our eyes will be opened to the needs around me.

Who around me is hungry? Maybe the hunger is not physical. Maybe the hunger is for love, acceptance, or joy. Maybe they are hungry for God.

Am I hungry for God?

1 comment:

Susan Barber said...

Whenever we say our blessing, we ask God to be with those who do not have food to eat or are cold and without shelter. It's a good reminder to us for what we have and keeps those without in the forefront of our minds.