Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Perspective!!

Reading about orphaned children who are starving and who do not have medical care certainly puts things into perspective and changes my thoughts about food. Today I have been consumed with an overwhelming desire to......I seriously cannot even articulate how I am feeling. Overwhelmed. Thankful. Pensive. Sorrowful. Ashamed.

Ashamed that I even think it is remotely a sacrifice to eat from my pantry....for crying out loud. If you could see how much food is in my pantry, freezer and fridge you would be appalled!!

Today it has been easy to eat what we have in our house because I am so thankful.
I'm thankful for my dear husband who loves me and who faithfully ministers to people.
I'm thankful that he provides for our family and is currently cleaning out my boys trashed room.
I'm thankful for my children who enjoy one another (even though they often fight like cats and dogs).
I'm thankful that Noah kicked my tail playing Wii archery tonight.
I'm thankful for my neighbors and for the evenings we spend hanging out in the cove...kind of missing that this winter.
I'm thankful for my parents, my aunt and David's mom whose generosity always overwhelms me.
I'm thankful for friends who let me ramble and help me process truth.
I'm thankful for the body of Christ that reaches out in love.
I'm thankful for God's extravagant love.

My children slept in this morning so we only had two meals today.
Brunch Fried eggs with sauteed vegetables, pan fried potatoes, and leftover biscuits.
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Leftovers from fridge for grown-ups, boys had Ramen Noodle, girls went out to eat with friends...It's been so QUIET!!!
Bedtime Snack: Leftover friendship bread (Thanks Mona) and cheese crackers (Thanks Cheryl!!)

No comments: