Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the second day of Christmas...

















On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two turtle doves. History lesson for the day from the 1500-1800's....This was used to teach young children about the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Our fun plan was to watch two Christmas movies. What in the world was I thinking?????

It was a busy day in Smithville!!
  • David went to work.
  • I went to work.
  • Clara performed "the Best Christmas Pageant Ever" twice in at a local theater
  • David took Clara to Physical therapy appointment (she now wants to be a physical therapist)
  • School for the Hannah and Noah. They practiced their play and made colonial Christmas ornaments.
  • School for Elijah. Santa Clause came to see Elijah at school...who by the way wanted NOTHING to do with Santa. When I asked him why he said, "Cause he's a fake. He's just wearing a costume." When I asked him where he got that idea he said "I just thought of it."
  • IB meeting at High School for Hannah and her parents.
  • The boys and Clara got to play at church with Ms. Stephanie!
So we all trudge into our door around 8:15 pm...some might say that is too late to watch TWO Christmas movies. Oh no....while we ate an amazing pizza dinner fresh from Pietros (it was so tasty!!), we decided to at least watch one short Christmas movie.

Turns out we had a DVD with three short Christmas movies on it. Wait, let me clarify...three CLAYMATION Christmas movies. So we watched the story of the First Christmas. Claymation is a whole new world for our kids.

I confess it was kind of lame!!! Me and the girls were having a good time laughing and joking. The boys were seriously wanting to watch the movie. Clara gave us all a lecture on the technique for claymation that she learned on "I Carly". Clara quoted the entire Christmas story along with the movie. Clara and Hannah sang Christmas carols along with the background music. I was laughing!! David was shushing!!

AND...meanwhile, Marley, our houseguest (aka dog, pictured with Clara) howled at the top of his lungs while we sang. At one point we were all (except David...I think he wanted a valium by this point) singing and the dog was HOWLING!! It was downright hysterical!!

Oh and we did watch some of White Christmas because well we had to watch two movies!!