Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 3

Our eat from the pantry challenge has been fabulous this week!!! Why, you may wonder? We are actually traveling and eating from other people's pantry. Whoo Hoo!! Now before you think we are cheating...we did start a few days before January 1st on the challenge because we knew we would be out of town this week.

We packed our breakfast on Monday morning and enjoyed sausage balls and chocolate croissants in the car (thanks for the recipe Shelly). And, we planned to eat a meal out (our first for the month)....and boy was it a GREAT meal out.

The Varsity just so happened to be on our way!! Oh, the Varsity...greasy bliss and a frosted orange. I'll post pics later. Forgot to pack my download cord for the camera.

Anyway, this week I will be taking a break from posting the food we eat...I'm sure all of my readers will be devastated!!

I admit that we are enjoying the break!! It is nice to NOT plan meals. It is nice to NOT create meals from the food in my pantry and freezer. It is nice to NOT cook.

No comments: